Submit all Gold Card paperwork to the SHS Nurse before November 6, 2019 to insure that the Gold Card can be issued prior to the start of try-outs.
Varsity tryouts begin on November 11, 2019, from TBD-TBD. Varsity tryouts will be for 2-3 days. Once the Varsity team is selected, JV tryouts will begin. Players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found at
Tryouts will take place in the High School Gyms 3 & 4 per the following schedule:
Varsity and JV
- Monday, November 11, 2019 from 12:30 pm-3:00 pm.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2019 from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 13, 2019 from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2019 from 4:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 13, 2019 from 3:30 pm-6:30 pm.
Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.
Tryouts consist of assessments of individual basketball skills. Players will be evaluated on all skills related to the sport of basketball, including offensive skill level, defensive skill level and teamwork.
The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.
Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.