Human ResourcesWhat We Do
The Office of Human Resources and Leadership Development provides a vast range of human resources services to the over 800 employees of the Scarsdale Public Schools. The single largest responsibility of this office is to attract and retain a high-potential, high-performance staff of teachers, nurses, administrators, secretarial staff, custodial staff, bus drivers, paraprofessionals and other support personnel in order to deliver the Scarsdale Education for Tomorrow. Additionally, this office is responsible for the following services:
If you are interested in employment, please visit our Employment Opportunities page.Click here for an overview of the Scarsdale Public Schools for prospective educators.
- Managing the recruitment, selection, induction, and continued success of all staff;
- Administration of employee benefits (including the District's self-insured health plan) and personnel policies;
- Implementation and oversight of federal and state policies and civil service procedures governing employment;
- Staff orientation and evaluation, staff development, substitute teacher, teacher aide and student teacher programs, and homebound tutoring;
- Negotiating and implementing negotiated labor contracts.