Scarsdale C.H.I.L.D., a committee of Scarsdale PT Council, is a network of resources, information and support for:
Parents and Teachers with a child or student who…
- Struggles with school work or homework
- Receives support in a resource room or related services such as speech, OT, PT
- Is in a self-contained, parallel, inclusion, or skills class, or
- Receives modifications or accommodations based upon his or her unique needs
We have a diverse group of dedicated volunteers who are available to answer your questions and offer support and advice.All calls will be kept confidential
Member Meetings and More: Member Meetings, School Coffees and other presentations provide opportunities for us to:
- be informed about what is new in Special Education in Scarsdale
- discuss the ways that we can ensure that Special Education is meeting our children's needs
- learn about other topics that relate to the education and development of our children
- provide a way to meet other parents in C.H.I.L.D
Our meetings feature speakers from the Scarsdale School District as well as noted professionals in the fields of learning disabilities, psychology, and medicine.
CHILD sponsors events throughout the year:
Summer Playdates for Elementary school special classes:
Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 4 p.m. at Edgewood for grades K, 2 and 4
Thursday, August 10, 2017, 4 p.m. at Quaker Ridge (back playground) for grades 1, 3 and 5
Parent Coffees, by school (Elementary, Middle, High), where you can speak directly with school and District Special Education staff and administrators
Elementary School Parent Coffee: Monday, September 25,2017 @ 9:30 a.m.
Middle School Parent Coffee: Friday, October 20, 2017 @ 9:30 a.m.
High School Parent Coffee: Thursday, October 19, 2017 @ 9:30 a.m.
Member meetings, with District staff and local experts on relevant topics throughout the year
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 @ 7:30 p.m. at Fox Meadow
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 @ 7:30 p.m. at Scarsdale Middle School
Thursday, March 8, 2018 @ 7:30 p.m. at Fox Meadow
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 7:30 p.m. at Fox Meadow
Information sessions for parents with children transitioning to the next level of education (Preschool – Elementary, Elementary – SMS, SMS – SHS)
Thursday, February 8, 2018 @ 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
CHILD Book Club for Adults
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Tuesday, February 13, 2017
Tuesday, April 10, 2018