Budget Vote and Election
Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 • 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. • Middle School Gym
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be a resident of the Scarsdale School District for at least 30 days preceding the vote.
- Must be at least 18 years old as of May 21st, 2019.
- Must be registered with the Westchester County Board of Elections to vote in general elections OR be registered with the School District’s Board of Registration, or have voted in a school election within the past four years.
- To check if you are registered, visit Am I Registered to Vote?
- Registration will take place in the Board of Education offices (Brewster Road side of Scarsdale High School) on:
- Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 - 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16th, 2019 - 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Alternatively, you may complete a Westchester County registration form. These forms are also available in the main office of every school. Anyone who registers with the County Board of Elections will be registered with Westchester County, as well as the School District. Mailed registration forms must be received by the County Board of Elections in time to be processed by the day of the vote.
This is a two-step process. You must first submit an Application for Absentee Ballot; after it is received and processed by the District Clerk, you will be issued an absentee ballot. Anyone who is registered and will not be in Scarsdale for the vote on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019, may apply for an absentee ballot by submitting the below form by email to email@example.com, by fax to 914-722-2822, or regular mail or deliver to Honore Adams, District Clerk, 2 Brewster Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
- If ballots are to be mailed, applications must be received by the District Clerk 7 days before the vote, Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
- If ballots are to be delivered personally, applications must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the vote, Monday, May 20, 2019
- Completed ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote, Tuesday, May 21st, 2019
- Completed ballots should be mailed or delivered in provided envelopes to: Honore Adams, District Clerk, 2 Brewster Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
Ballots that do not follow the deadlines listed above will not be taken into consideration.