The Scarsdale Sustainability Initiative
Currently, much of what we assess is process:
What do we plan to do in the future?
- We document sustainability activities.
- We use traditional academic assessments.
- We track our carbon footprint (electricity, gas, oil).
- We have some quanitative and qualitative measures of student attitudes and behaviors.
- We will track the number of Senior Options students and students enrolled in research programs who choose to study sustainability.
- We will add to our quantitative and qualitative measures of student attitudes and behaviors.
- We will develop cross-disciplinary assessments for skills and knowledge that cut across or do not fall into traditional subject areas.
- We will continue to monitor progress toward the Board's 2020 Goal and develop additional methods to monitor our progress in other areas.
- We will evaluate the new coordinated program of sustainability instruction for all students.