Philosophy and Goals
In the Learning Center, we work on targeted skills in a small group setting to support and reinforce classroom learning. I believe each child learns at his or her own pace and has a unique learning style. I teach to each child's strengths and strive to help each child feel confident and successful.
Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center Program is a support system for students, teachers and parents. The Learning Resource teacher provides for the needs of our children in a variety of ways:
* Direct instruction in specific academic areas such as Reading, Written Expression and Mathematics.
* Support in organization and study skills may be addressed through various content areas such as Social Studies or Science.
* Diagnosis, assessment and the development of an educational plan to meet the academic needs and learning styles.
* Consultation with classroom teachers regarding strategies, materials and activities.
* Communication with parents concerning their child's needs and progress.