Leila El-ChehabiSpecial Education Teacher(914) 721-2720
My Philosophy and Goal
My philosophy is based on the belief that all children are eager to learn. As a Special Education Teacher, I use a variety of modalities and strategies to meet students' individual needs to ignite this passion for learning.Learning Center
The Learning Center is a support system for students, teachers and parents. The Learning Resource teacher provides for the needs of our children in a variety of ways:
* Direct instruction in specific academic areas such as Reading, Written Expression and Mathematics.
* Support in organization and study skills may be addressed through various content areas such as Social Studies or Science.
* Diagnosis, assessment and the development of an educational plan to meet the academic needs and learning styles.
* Consultation with classroom teachers regarding strategies, materials and activities.
* Communication with parents concerning their child's needs and progress.