Scarsdale Middle School Cross-Country RunningOVERVIEWSMS MODIFIED SPORTS PROGRAMS:The SMS fall athletic season is open to all 7th and 8th graders. This is a no-cut policy program where everyone will have an opportunity to participate. Practices are held four times a week, Tueday - Friday, from 2:45 -4:00pm (Athletes will have to arrage for prompt pick-up).
All interested students should complete the following steps:
- A physical performed within the last 12 months is required for participation in all modified sports. The modified physical form can be downloaded from this site. Have the physician complete and sign this form. A private MD's form is acceptable, if it specifically includes the notation that the child can fully participate in all sports without restrictions.
- Parents must complete, sign, and date the Gold Card Health History and Consent Form
- Students must attend an interest meeting on Thursday, September 6th at 2:36 in Gym C
All forms are available at the Middle School Nurse’s office or by clicking the links below. The Gold Card Health History and Consent Form must be handed in or faxed (914) 722-2850 to the Nurse between August 24th and September 14th. The Modified Physical Form can be handed in or faxed to the Nurse at anytime. The fall season will begin on September 12, 2018.Dr. Christi Browne (Head Coach)
Mr. Michael Pincus (Assistant Coach)
- email@example.com or leave a message at 721-2640
Ms. Marci Rothman (Assistant Coach)
PracticesPractices will be held every TUESDAY - FRIDAY after school starting on 9/12/18 at 2:45pm.Practices are essential for the health and development of the SMS cross-country athlete and are required for team participation!Athletes should come prepared to each practice with the following:
MeetsAthletes must complete 8 full practices to official participate in a Meet but with 6 practices they may run a scrimmage!Regarding timing ... Meets typically begin at 4:15pm and conclude around 5:00pm. We are usually back at SMS around 5:30pm. If there are multiple schools running at a meet it may extend this time frame. We have students call for rides on the return bus as there is no way to predict the exact timing of our return.You are invited! Meets are open running events ... parents and guardians are welcome to come and support their student athletes and the X-Country team.Please see schedule link for the dates and locations of cross-country meets in September - October 2018.
- Proper and appropriate athletic attire (running shorts/pants, running tee shirt, socks, running sneakers, and any other supportive gear)
- Bottle of water
- Sweat shirt or jacket in case of inclement weather