Ms. Miriam Freedman-CarmenArt/ Grade 6/ Related Arts Departmentmfreedmancarmen@scarsdaleschools.orgAbout My Classroom
The Sixth Grade Art Curriculum sets the stage for the Middle School and
High School Art programs.Students make the transition from having art
once a week throughout the year in Elementary school,
to having art every day for an intense 10-week period.
Students are challenged with a high level of critical thinking through a variety
of projects, which are designed to introduce students to the language of the arts.
Each project exposes students to new vocabulary, well-known artists, and new skills.
Students assess themselves upon completion of each project and class art critiques
are also an essential component. Stories from life experiences become works of art.
• understanding the language of the Arts in the creation of art.
• create and understand the terminology of a landscape.
• understand and recognize typography.
• create a grey-scale.• learn color pencil techniques.
• learn painting techniques
• create Thumb-nail sketches and develop them into final sketches.
• create multi-cultural art.
• safely use an X-acto knife.
• understand and use the techniques of intaglio printmaking.
• use the language of art to reflect on their own work.
• Will create artwork using an ipencil in the program of stetchboolPro.
"In Art, It is not a Mistake, It is an opportunity".
Tweets by mfreedcarmen