Welcome to Mr. Feld's webpage.
About Special EducationThe Special Education Department adheres to the philosophy that each individual with a disability is entitled to the support necessary to maximize his/her potential given the resources of the District.The Special Education staff, in conjunction with classroom teachers and other educational personnel, have a commitment to the following objectives:
About Boys BasketballThe Scarsdale High School Interscholastic Athletic Program is a natural extension of the high- school curriculum that provides activities for the growth and development of our students. Interscholastic Athletics is another piece of education.
- To create an effective climate for learning by sharing all available information about a child’s disability pertinent to the child’s performance in an educational setting.
- To provide and implement program and testing accommodations as stipulated on the IEP.
- To facilitate each student’s academic progress and social development by establishing appropriate goals and providing instruction.
- To support and act as a resource for classroom teachers working with students with special needs.
- To encourage students to be aware of their strengths and weaknesses so that they can become good advocates for themselves in all settings.
At Scarsdale High School, we believe that the Interscholastic Athletic Program contributes significantly to preparing our students for becoming productive, contributing citizens of our community and society.
In addition, our aim is to develop a student with an improved self-image, the ability to learn a new skill, and an intrinsic motivation for growth and development. We want to see a student who will demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility for his/her actions, measure him/herself against standards of quality, express ideas and solutions to problems, and value fair play, honesty, and cooperation.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC PROGRAM:
Our goals are(in no particular order):
1. To develop and maintain the highest level of sportsmanship.
2. To develop proper attitudes toward winning/ losing, success/failure, as well as citizenship in and out of school.
3. To encourage and develop respect for fellow athletes whether they are teammates, members of other Scarsdale teams, or members of opposing teams.
4. To assure that academics is the priority over athletic participation.
5. To encourage competition not only for the tangible rewards but also for the development of positive attitudes which make athletic competitions valuable and worthwhile.6. To maintain the highest standard of ethics, recognize each participant as an individual who will conduct him/herself in a manner befitting his/her responsibilities, and develop the kind of rapport with the broader school community that will improve the total educational program.________________________________________________________________Additionally, we maintain our own website, which allows any fan to follow our progress.