Performing Arts Department
Scarsdale High School
- Two periods a week, ½ credit and is geared towards the accomplished pianist.
- Enrollment is by audition.
- The class is designed to function as coaching sessions for experienced pianists.
- Outside pianists are brought in for masterclasses.
- Discussion, commentary and exploring other interpretations of their pieces is part of the curriculum.
- Students will give an informal evening recital in the later spring.
- Students are graded on their participation and attendance at all classes.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the NYSSMA Piano Festival.