Welcome to Nick Miller's webpage.Nick MillerLearning Center Teachernmiller@scarsdaleschools.orgAbout My ClassroomThe Learning Center gives students the opportunity to work on targeted skills in a small group setting. We reinforce strategies taught in the classroom that can later be applied to a variety of learning situations.My Philosophy
I believe that all students can learn in their own unique way and time. The key to success is perseverance and strategy use. When children are confident, they can accomplish anything. I try to support student learning by discovering a child's strengths and then foster a love of learning that transfers back into the classroom and real world environment.Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center Program is a support system for students, teachers and parents. The Learning Resource teacher provides for the needs of our children in a variety of ways:
* Direct instruction in specific academic areas such as Reading, Written Expression and Mathematics.
* Support in organization and study skills may be addressed through various content areas such as Social Studies or Science.
* Diagnosis, assessment and the development of an educational plan to meet the academic needs and learning styles.
* Consultation with classroom teachers regarding strategies, materials and activities.
* Communication with parents concerning their child's needs and progress.