The following math goals have been taken from the Scarsdale School District's curriculum.
In our classroom, these goals are addressed through activities and lessons from Primary Mathematics - Singapore Math.
In first grade, students continue to develop the concept of number, exploring numbers to 100. They learn to:
* work with ones and 10s in place value
* represent and estimate numbers and quantities
* compare and order larger numbers
* develop fluency with addition and subtraction facts
* continue to work with addition and subtraction
* investigate the concepts of multiplication and division
* continue work in geometric shapes and measurement
* understand fractions in halves and fourths
* continue to work with money and time
* collect and record data