The following math goals have been taken from the Scarsdale School District's curriculum.
In our classroom, these goals are addressed through activities and lessons from Reveal Math.
In first grade, students continue to develop the concept of number, exploring numbers to 100. They learn to:
* work with ones and 10s in place value
* represent and estimate numbers and quantities
* compare and order larger numbers
* develop fluency with addition and subtraction facts
* continue to work with addition and subtraction
* investigate the concepts of multiplication and division
* continue work in geometric shapes and measurement
* understand fractions in halves and fourths
* continue to work with money and time
* collect and record data