* Primary mathematics helps children make connections between pictures, words, and numbers.
* Cumulative program that revisits concepts covered earlier by connecting strands of mathematics.
* Topic intensive, with fewer topics covered per grade level.
* Smaller textbooks, with skills not re-taught formally.
* Mental-math strategies embedded in the program.
* Highly visual program that benefits special-needs and inclusion students.
*Check out my Website at web.www.scarsdaleschools.k12.ny.us/Singapore (make sure it's web and not WWW!)
Fifth Grade Topics
Whole and Big Numbers Ratio
Data Analysis Problem-Solving