A Little Bit about Mrs. Conklin
Below is a snapshot of my journey as an educator:
- I grew up in Scarsdale and attended Greenacres Elementary School
- From a young age, I knew I wanted to teach; my mother and many close family members were teachers
- I spent my Junior year of college abroad studying Education at Oxford University
- I earned my B.A. in Elementary Education from Goucher College
- I earned my M.S.Ed. in Reading K-12 from Fordham University
- I recently became certified in Educational Leadership and Administration, both at the building level and at the district level
- This marks my 30th year teaching: 6 years in private boys' schools and 24 years at Heathcote
- Over my teaching career, I have taught grades K, 1, 2, and 3
- I have immensely enjoyed giving back to the Scarsdale community some of what helped secure my foundation, both educationally and personally
- When my son, Kenny, was born, I took a year off to be with him... He is now 17, a Senior at SHS!
- And, I have found it especially rewarding teaching through the eyes of both a parent and a fellow Scarsdale parent!