LRC OverviewOverview of the Learning Resource Center Program
The Learning Resource Center Program is a support system for students, teachers and parents. The Learning Resource Teacher provides for children's needs in a variety of ways:
1. Direct instruction in specific academic areas such as reading, written expression
2. Support in organization and study skills. These skills may be addressed within the various content areas such as social studies or science.
3. Diagnosis, assessment and the development of an educational plan to meet the children's academic needs and learning styles.
4. Consultation with classroom teachers regarding strategies, materials and activities.
5. Communication with parents concerning their child's needs and progress.
In addition to providing direct instruction to students and consulting with teachers and parents, each Learning Resource Teacher serves as a member on the building Child Study Team and the district Committee of Special Education.images copyright graphic garden