Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you like discovering simple shortcuts to complex questions? Would you enjoy the company of like-minded students from Scarsdale and other area schools? Then check out the Scarsdale High School Math Team.
The questions reward clever thinking as much as straight-ahead math knowledge. Because the individual scores of incoming students do not affect team performance, you progress at your own level and your own pace in a low-pressure environment. Join and see how your skills improve over time! We meet after school and attendance is always voluntary. After each contest, we discuss the solutions over refreshments.
The team has a distinguished track record.
- First Place: Westchester Interscholastic Math League, 2014-2015
- Regional Champion: New York Mathematics League, 2014-2015
- First Place with Special Merit: American Scholastic Mathematics Association Competition, 2014-2015
- Final Four in our Division: Math Madness, 2014-2015
- 12 students qualified for the Westchester team in the New York State Math League where Westchester won the 2014-2015 Division B Championship.
For more information, see Mrs. Estersohn in Room 251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.