Links to Other Websites
Local School Districts' Special Education PTAs hold speaking events and presentations that are open to the public. Check out their websites by clicking on the links below:Ardsley Special Needs Committee: School District and PTA
Chappaqua PTA, Special Education Committee: http://www.chappaquapta.net/SpEdHome.php
Eastchester SEPTA: www.eastchestersepta.org
Larchmont-Mamaroneck SEPTA: www.mamkschoolspta.org/septa/
New Rochelle SEPTA: www.newrochellesepta.org/
Pleasantville SEPTA: http://pvillesepta.com/
SW BOCES SEPTA: www.swbocessepta.my-pta.org/
White Plains Special Needs Committee: www.wpcsd.k12.ny.us/page/902
Yorktown SEPTA: www.yorktownsepta.org/
Government Resources:New York State Dept. of Health Early InterventionNew York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)New York State Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR, formerly VESID)
Westchester County Government Developmental DisabilitiesOther Resources:
- Autism Speaks has information for those on the autism spectrum and their families.
- I'm Determined is an organization that promotes self-determination for special needs children transitioning into adults. Set up with the Virginia Department of Education the web site has materials, ideas and messages to stimulate educators, children and their parents.
- The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) provides information for a wide spectrum of learning disabilities.
- The Special Needs Alliance (SNA) is a national, not for profit organization of attorneys dedicated to the practice of disability and public benefits law. Contact the SNA to find nearby attorneys who focus their practices in the disability law arena, visit their web site for legal information.
- The Westchester Independent Living Center (WILC) promotes the Independent Living philosophy of choice, societal inclusion and empowerment for persons with disabilities.