I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Señor Jackson, and I am excited to be working you in Scarsdale Middle School. Let me take a moment to share with you my beliefs about education:
- I believe that teachers and students should respect one another in the learning process. That means that the teacher can expect no more respect than the amount that he gives his students.
- I believe in providing an intimidation-free atmosphere in the classroom. Students should not feel afraid of participating in class or simply being in the classroom.
- I believe in providing students with all the tools necessary to achieve mastery of my subject at this grade level.
- I believe that once given the proper tools and instruction, students are responsible for their success; grades are not given out, they are earned.
- I believe that students should not feel pressure to be perfect; making mistakes is part of the learning process; however, I believe that successful students are those who learn from and strive to correct their mistakes.
- I believe that each student is an individual, and that no two are exactly alike. Therefore, I believe in providing differentiated instruction to my classes.
- I believe in providing the best services possible in the least restricted environment for those with special education needs.
I look forward to working with the sixth and seventh grade this year. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make our experience this year a healthy and prosperous one.Sincerely,
- I believe in making myself available to students for extra help according to a consistent schedule that students know and understand.