What day will my child celebrate their birthday?
Kindergartners will celebrate their birthdays during the school day.
If a student’s birthday falls on the weekend, it will be celebrated on Monday or Friday, depending on our weekly schedule.
During June, we celebrate summer birthdays.
Can I bring a treat to share?
Edgewood loves to celebrate birthdays. However, we do not celebrate birthdays with food.
Each grade level uniquely celebrates birthdays.
How are birthdays celebrated in kindergarten?
* The main office will announce each child's birthday over the loudspeaker during the morning message.
* Each child will receive a special birthday pencil from Dr. Tashia Brown.
* The children celebrate with the teachers and the students in class.
* The birthday child will receive a birthday crown and may wear it all day long.
* We have a special birthday dance and song for the children.