Dear 1-C Families,
Welcome to First Grade! My name is Mrs. Conklin and I am pleased to be your child’s teacher and partnering with you this coming school year. I have been busy planning a great year for us and getting things ready. I can’t wait to begin our journey together!
I hope you have had a wonderful summer. I have spent my summer catching up with friends and relatives, engaging in lots of outdoor activities, doing various projects, spending lots of quality time with my family, and getting my son, Kenny, all set to begin his first year at Indiana University.
Before school begins, please engage your child in a conversation about all of the activities that you have been up to this summer. Together, think of a 2-D (flat) memento/artifact to bring on the first day of school that your child will share and talk about with the group. The goal of this activity is to build a class community and begin to get to know each other as citizens within our community. Examples of possible 2-D (flat) mementos/artifacts:
- A photograph, postcard, map or brochure of a special place your child visited this summer
- A photograph of something you did or something new your child learned this summer
- A ribbon or certificate of something your child achieved or did for the first time this summer
- A recipe of something new your child cooked this summer
- Directions from or a photograph of a favorite game played this summer
- A photograph of your child with a favorite book he/she read this summer
- A photograph of something your child made this summer
I look forward to meeting and welcoming your child with a warm greeting on Tuesday, September 6th! Until then, enjoy the last bit of summer. See everyone very soon!
*If you haven’t ordered the First Grade PTA Supply Kit, please see below:
2022-2023 FIRST GRADE SUPPLY LIST
2 - 12 count Ticonderoga pre-sharpened #2 pencils
1 - 12 count Dixon Ticonderoga Triangular Black Wood-Case #2 pencils
1 - Sturdy Poly 2-Pocket Folder - YELLOW
1 - 12 ct. Crayola colored pencils
1 - 24 ct. Crayola Thin washable markers (fine tip)
1 - 1 Pack Expo dry erase markers (fine-tip, eraser on cap, thin/skinny)
2 - Large glue sticks
1 - Pair blunt tip "fiskars" children's scissors
1 - White "Pentel" Hi-Polymer art eraser
1 - Pair headphones (over the ear)
* "JLab JBuddies Studio" or "JLab Audio Neon"
1 - Globe-Weis 3” expandable polly wallet
3 - Large baby wipes (soft container)
1 - Container Clorox disinfecting wipes (large)
1 - Box Kleenex tissue
1 - "Steno" notepad, 6" x 9" - 80 sheets