Scarsdale Middle School Cross-CountryXC WILL START ON SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2022INTEREST MEETINGS:
SMS MODIFIED CROSS COUNTRY:The SMS fall athletic season is open to all 7th and 8th graders. Practices are held four times a week, Tuesday - Friday, from 3:00 - 4:15pm (NOTE: Athletes will have to arrange for prompt pick-up by 4:15pm).
- A student interest meeting will be held in Gym A on Thursday, September 8th at 2:45PM. This will be a quick meeting to introduce the expectations of the seasons and will be over in time for students to take the late bus home.
- A parent interest meeting will be held over Zoom on Monday, September 12th at 7PM. Please join us over Zoom at THIS LINK on Monday, September 12th at 7pm to review the expectations of the season and to answer any questions you may have.
All interested students must complete the following steps:
- A physical performed within the last 12 months is required for participation in all modified sports. The modified physical form can be downloaded by clicking on this link: Modified Sports Physical Form Page. Have the physician complete and sign this form.
- Parents must complete, sign, and date the Middle School Sports Clearance Form Page.
- Students must attend an interest meeting on Thursday, September 8th at 2:45 in Gym A.
All forms are available at the Middle School Nurse’s office or by clicking the links above. The Physical Form and the Sports Clearance Form can be handed in or faxed to the Nurse at anytime. For more information about modified sports, please visit the site shown below.Talya Holtzer (Head Coach)
Michael Pincus (Assistant Coach)
Marci Rothman (Assistant Coach)
PracticesPractices will be held every TUESDAY - FRIDAY after school from 3:00-4:15.Practices are essential for the health and development of the SMS cross-country athlete and are required for team participation! Athletes should/ are expected to attend all practices. If an athlete cannot attend practice, the head coach should be notified in advance.Athletes should come prepared to each practice with the following:
MeetsAthletes must complete 6 full practices to participate in a meet.Meets typically begin at 4:15pm and conclude around 5:30pm. We are usually back at SMS around 6:00pm. If there are multiple schools participating in a meet, it may extend this time frame. We will remind students to call their rides on the return bus as there is no way to predict the exact timing of our return.You are invited! Meets are open running events, so parents and guardians are welcome to come and support their student athletes and the Cross Country team.Please see this schedule for the dates and locations of cross-country meets for this year. Remember that this is a working document and may be adjusted throughout the season.
- Appropriate athletic attire (running shorts/pants, running tee shirt, socks, running sneakers, and any other supportive gear)
- A filled bottle of water
- Sweat shirt or jacket in case of inclement weather