SUPERINTENDENT GOALS FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
(1) Implement appropriate learning models for the 2020-2021 school year as developed by the District’s Restart Planning Committee and Task Groups.
- Develop three plans per State requirements that comport with NYSED and DOH requirements: in-person, hybrid, virtual-only (for all three levels and implement according to the Governor's direction).
- Implement virtual-only and hybrid plans with fidelity.
- Identify and provide appropriate resources and staffing for plan implementation and revision, as needed.
(2) Develop and implement modifications to the District’s Hybrid Plan that represents progress towards more in-person/synchronous opportunities for students as health metrics and State/DOH guidance allow.
- Monitor plan implementation, solicit school community feedback, and modify plans, as appropriate.
- Work on short-, mid-, and long-term planning for virtual-only and hybrid plan improvements.
- Increase in-person learning as health metrics and State guidance allows.
(3) Improve District communications based on stakeholder feedback.
- Hire and onboard new Public Relations position.
- Review/evaluate District communication practices with District personnel and the broader Scarsdale community.
- Implement revisions and changes based on school-wide feedback.