Superintendent's Goals for the 2021-22 School Year
Update, reboot, and implement the District’s Strategic Plan:
- Update timelines to reflect the time lost during Covid-19.
- Integrate longer-term DEI goals, along with metrics and timelines.
- Refocus faculty, resources, and time on the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Provide regular updates to the Board (and community) on progress in key performance indicators.
Implement Board Policy #0105, Equity, Inclusivity, and Diversity in Education District-wide:
- Work with faculty and staff to create positive, inclusive, and affirming learning environments.
- Ensure broad representation in curriculum, environment, faculty/staff.
- Provide PD on historical injustices and inequalities that have led to institutional education barriers as a means to eliminate them.
- Curriculum and instructional materials will reflect educational equity.
- Work with District diversity committees to establish annual goals and metrics for the 2021-22 school year.
Continue to lead the District’s centralized DEI efforts:
- Create and continue to build a District DEI webpage.
- Work with the District consultant on professional development opportunities and longer-term planning.
- Work with the PTC, diversity committees, and other agencies for community-wide DEI programming.