2019-20 BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS
- ADVOCACY: Participate in legislative advocacy impacting public education.
- BUDGETING: Support and participate in a rational and effective budgeting process, ongoing financial planning and multi-year budgeting efforts.
- COLLECTIVE BARGAINING: Support and participate in the successful collective bargaining of three contracts.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT/COMMUNICATION: Create subcommittee to propose ways to further enhance community engagement including identification of and providing opportunities for more inclusion of student, parent, community, and senior citizen voice in decision-making processes.
- ONGOING DISTRICT WORK: Support and assess ongoing District work in capital projects and facilities planning; wellness; SSEM; and sustainability, including food service and cooling of spaces.
- POLICIES: Continue review and updating of policies.
- TEACHING AND LEARNING: Support and assess ongoing curricular and teaching and learning goals including those in the forthcoming Strategic Plan and SET 2.0