District Safety Committees
There are two separate District Safety Committees that are mandated and which meet on a quarterly basis; at a minimum. Both committees consist of administrators, directors, teachers, general support staff, a board member, parents, a student representative and a representative from the Scarsdale Police Department (over 40 individuals in total).
The role of the Health & Safety Committee is as follows:
- to review general health and safety concerns brought forth by committee members from their constituents;
- to review and provide feedback regarding safety and security practices throughout the District;
- to review and provide feedback regarding any initiatives which may impact safety and security.
The role of the District Safety Team is as follows:
- to review and recommend any changes to the District Emergency Preparedness Plan;
- to review building level emergency training drill reports.