Welcome to Raider Ice HockeyThis winter, Scarsdale High School will sponsor two Ice Hockey teams:
- Varsity is for the top players, regardless of grade-level.
- JV is for freshmen and sophomores to develop their skills and capabilities. (Note: The JV team is dependent upon having enough players to field this team.)
Gold CardsSubmit all Gold Card paperwork to the SHS Nurse before October 30, 2018 to insure that the Gold Card can be issued prior to the start of tryouts.TryoutsIce Hockey tryouts begin on November 5, 2018 at 3:30 PM at Scarsdale Middle School Back Gym and players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atTryouts begin Monday November 5th, 2018 - Friday November 9th, 2018 (first round of placements). Tryout dates are listed below:
- Monday, November 5th from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at SMS Off-Ice (3:10 pm bus, no return bus). ***Be prepared for an indoor or outdoor workout.
- Tuesday, November 6th from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (2:30 pm Bus).
- Wednesday, November 7th from 3:30 pm-5:20 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (3:10 pm Bus).
- Thursday, November 8th from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (3:10 pm Bus).
- Friday, November 9th from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (2:30 pm Bus). ****(First Round of Placements)
- Saturday, November 10th from 5:40 pm-8:20 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (4:40 pm Bus).
- Monday, November 12th from 5:15 pm-6:45 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (4:00pm Bus).
- Tuesday, November 13th from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (3:10 Bus).
- Wednesday, November 14th - Scrimmage vs. Fox Lane from 3:45 pm-5:20 pm at E.J. Murray Skating Center (2:00 pm Bus). ***(Second Round of Placements)
Please bring your own personal water bottle and fill them up before the workouts. Also, please be prepared with warm up clothes, including running shoes to each ice hockey workout.The bus will depart from SHS at 3:10 pm Monday - Thursday and 2:30 pm on Friday's.Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.Tryouts consist of assessments of individual ice hockey skills. Players will be evaluated on conditioning, stick skills, skating effort and attitude.The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
Preseason PracticeTeam practices begin at the conclusion of the tryout period. A Google calendar will be shared with the team and parents listing the practice and game times and dates.Varsity Practice:See shared Google CalendarJV Practice:See shared Google CalendarFreshman Practice:See shared Google Calendar
Ice Hockey is a commitment of about 1.5-2 hours per day, 6 days a week with occasional Saturday games and competitions. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, games, and tournaments.
The regular season ends in February for both teams.
For additional information please contact:
James Synowiez: firstname.lastname@example.org