Welcome to Raider CheerleadingThis winter, Scarsdale High School is prepared to sponsor two Cheerleading teams:
- Varsity is for the top players, regardless of grade-level.
- JV is for freshmen and sophomores to develop their skills and capabilities. (Note: The JV team is dependent upon having enough girls to field this team.)
Gold CardsSubmit all Gold Card paperwork to the SHS Nurse before October 30, 2018 to insure that the Gold Card can be issued prior to the start of try-outs.TryoutsJV tryouts begin on November 5, 2018, at 3:30 PM and players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atTryouts will take place in the Scarsdale High School Gym A for all levels per the following schedule:JV
- Monday, November 5, 2018 from 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM.
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 from 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 3:20 PM - 6:00 PM.
Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.Tryouts consist of assessments of individual cheerleading skills. The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism. Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
Preseason PracticeTeam practices begin at the conclusion of the tryout period. A Google calendar will be shared with the team and parents listing the practice and game times and dates.Varsity Practice:See shared Google CalendarJV Practice:See shared Google CalendarFreshman Practice:See shared Google Calendar
Cheerleading is a commitment of about 2 hours per day, 5 days a week with occasional Saturday games and competitions. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, games, and tournaments.
The regular season ends in February for both teams.
For additional information please contact:
Stacy Monteiro: firstname.lastname@example.org