Welcome to Raider Girls' BasketballThis winter, Scarsdale High School will sponsor two Girls' Basketball teams:
- Varsity is for the basketball players who demonstrate the strongest skills and abilities, regardless of grade-level.
- JV is designed for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to develop their skills and capabilities to give them the best chance to move up to the Varsity level.
Gold CardsSubmit all Gold Card paperwork to the SHS Nurse before November 6, 2019 to insure that the Gold Card can be issued prior to the start of try-outs.TryoutsVarsity tryouts begin on November 11, 2019, from TBD-TBD. Varsity tryouts will be for 2-3 days. Once the Varsity team is selected, JV tryouts will begin. Players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atTryouts will take place in the High School Gyms 3 & 4 per the following schedule:Varsity and JV
- Monday, November 11, 2019 from 12:30 pm-3:00 pm.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2019 from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 13, 2019 from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm.
Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.Tryouts consist of assessments of individual basketball skills. Players will be evaluated on all skills related to the sport of basketball, including offensive skill level, defensive skill level and teamwork.The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2019 from 4:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 13, 2019 from 3:30 pm-6:30 pm.
Preseason PracticeTeam practices begin at the conclusion of the tryout period. A Google calendar will be shared with the team and parents listing the practice and game times and dates.Varsity Practice:See shared Google CalendarJV Practice:See shared Google Calendar
Varsity level basketball is a commitment of about 2-2.5 hours per day, 6 days a week with occasional Saturday games and competitions. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, games, and tournaments.
The regular season ends in February for both teams.
Varsity is then eligible for post-season play.
For additional information please contact:
Mike Blanco: email@example.com