Varsity Coach: Joe Amelio, firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach: Jordan Griffith, email@example.com
JVB Coach: David Zenon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Freshman "Maroon" Coach: Thomas Newkirk, email@example.com
Freshman "White" Coach: Jeff Weigel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Raider Boys' BasketballThis winter, Scarsdale High School will sponsor five Boys' Basketball teams:
- Varsity is for the basketball players who demonstrate the strongest skills and abilities, regardless of grade-level.
- JV A is designed for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to develop their skills and capabilities to give them the best chance to move up to the Varsity level. This team's schedule mirrors the Varsity team.
- JV B is designed for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors that are taking the next steps to make the Varsity program.
- Freshman (2 teams) are also designed to allow players to develop their skills and capabilities.
Gold CardsSubmit all Gold Card paperwork to the SHS Nurse before October 30, 2018 to insure that the Gold Card can be issued prior to the start of tryouts.TryoutsVarsity tryouts begin on November 5, 2018, at 6:00 pm and players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atVarsity and JV tryouts will take place in the High School Gyms 3 & 4 for all levels per the following schedule:Varsity Only
- Monday, November 5, 2018 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm.
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm.
- Friday, November 9, 2018 from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm.
- Saturday, November 10, 2018 from 9:00 am-11:30 am.
Freshman tryouts will take place in the Middle School Gyms per the following schedule:
All teams will be established by Monday, November 19, 2018.Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.Tryouts consist of assessments of individual basketball skills. Players will be evaluated on offensive skill level, defensive skill level, teamwork, selflessness and work etchic.The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
- Friday, November 16, 2018 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
Preseason PracticeTeam practices begin at the conclusion of the tryout period. A Google calendar will be shared with the team and parents listing the practice and game times and dates.Varsity Practice:See shared Google CalendarJV Practice:See shared Google CalendarFreshman Practice:See shared Google Calendar
Basketball is a commitment of about 2 hours per day, 6 days a week with occasional Saturday game and competitions. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, games, and tournaments.
The regular season ends in February for all teams.
Varsity is then eligible for post-season play.
For additional information please contact:
Joe Amelio: email@example.com