Varsity Coach: Joe Amelio, firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Assistant: Jayson Villalobos, email@example.com
JV Coach: Jordan Griffith, firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Assistant: Bryan Bagala, email@example.com
JVB Coach: David Zenon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Freshman "Maroon" Coach: Thomas Newkirk, email@example.com
Freshman "White" Coach: Jeff Weigel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Raider Boys' BasketballThis winter, Scarsdale High School will sponsor five Boys' Basketball teams:
- Varsity is for the basketball players who demonstrate the strongest skills and abilities, regardless of grade-level.
- JV A is designed for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to develop their skills and capabilities to give them the best chance to move up to the Varsity level. This team's schedule mirrors the Varsity team.
- JV B is designed for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors that are taking the next steps to make the Varsity program.
- Freshman (2 teams) are also designed to allow players to develop their skills and capabilities.
Gold CardsSubmit all Gold Card paperwork to the SHS Nurse before November 6, 2019 to insure that the Gold Card can be issued prior to the start of tryouts.TryoutsVarsity tryouts begin on November 11, 2019, and players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atVarsity and JV tryouts will take place in the High School Gyms 3 & 4 for all levels per the following schedule:Varsity Only
- Monday, November 11, 2019 from TBD to TBD.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 from TBD to TBD.
Varsity Basketball will be traveling during Winter Break Holiday.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2019 from TBD to TBD.
- Thursday, November 13, 2019 from TBD to TBD
Freshman tryouts will take place in the Middle School Gyms per the following schedule:
Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.Tryouts consist of assessments of individual basketball skills. Players will be evaluated on offensive skill level, defensive skill level, teamwork, selflessness and work etchic.The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
- Monday, November 18, 2019 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm.
Preseason PracticeTeam practices begin at the conclusion of the tryout period. A Google calendar will be shared with the team and parents listing the practice and game times and dates.Varsity Practice:See shared Google CalendarJV Practice:See shared Google CalendarFreshman Practice:See shared Google Calendar
Basketball is a commitment of about 2 hours per day, 6 days a week with occasional Saturday games and competitions. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, games, and tournaments.
The regular season ends in February for all teams.
Varsity is then eligible for post-season play.
For additional information please contact:
Joe Amelio: email@example.com