SHS PTA Grant Program for Faculty/StaffThe SHS PTA invites teachers and departments to submit proposals for grants of up to $500 for academic enhancements such as books, videos, DVDs, computer software, teaching tools, special programs, or speaker honoraria to facilitate student events planned for discussion of ethical, moral or social issues. Our goal is to extend learning opportunities to students for which District funds are unavailable or limited. Teacher grants are separate and distinct from PTA gifts to the school and are intended to foster classroom innovation and enrichment opportunities that strengthen, broaden, or deepen the students' classroom experiences.
Grant money will not be available for facilities improvements, permanent fixtures, hardware, or core curriculum and equipment routinely provided by the school district. The PTA cannot subsidize salaries or tuition for faculty.
Teacher grants may cover academic enhancements such as:
- books, videos, DVDs, apps, computer software
- teaching tools materials for special programs or projects
- field trips speaker honoraria or consultant fees for individuals from outside the district to visit classrooms and lead student-based projects
Grant Application Process
- Approval for your project must be obtained from the academic department chair and/or the SHS Principal before submission to the PTA.
- Individual staff members or departments as a whole must submit a written proposal to the SHS PTA President for consideration and decision by the SHS PTA Executive Committee as a whole.
- There is no restriction on the number of proposals an applicant may submit. Each proposal will be evaluated individually on its own merit.
- If approved, original purchase orders, invoices, and/or receipts must be submitted to the SHS PTA mailbox in the main office for payment and reimbursement.
Proposals should be no longer than two pages and follow the format below. Text may be pasted into the body of an e-mail or copied into a Google Doc or Word document submitted to the SHS PTA President at SHSPTA10583@gmail.com.
SHS PTA Grant Proposal
Grade(s) and Subject(s) Taught:
Pre-Approved by (Identify Department Chair or Principal):
- Overview of professional staff members participating and their roles:
- Amount of money being requested and how it will be spent:
- Summary of the project and its proposed educational benefits to the students, including how many students will be impacted:
- Summary of any continuing obligations or expenses, if any:
- Other considerations, if any: