Scarsdale Union Free School District
Guiding Principles for School-Based Allergy Protocols
- Scarsdale is a welcoming and accepting environment for all children regardless of allergies.
- Reasonable environmental changes must be made over and above our standard allergy practices when particular students require it in order to be safe.
- The District recognizes the increasing awareness and sensitivity to food allergies and will work to minimize non-curricular food, including the regular use of food for celebratory activities.
- District Schools will institute procedures to reduce exposure to high-incidence food allergens as is appropriate for their facilities.
- The District believes that food can be beneficial and educational when thoughtfully used in a school setting and encourages teachers and administrators to support programs that provide educational benefits through the use of food.
- Yearly case reviews will take place for all students with allergy plans in each school.