Budget Vote and Board Election: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., May 16, 2023
Location: Scarsdale Middle School, 134 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale, NY
Budget Documents: To view the budget documents and presentations, visit 2023-24 Budget Documents.
Voter Registration Information: Check now to see whether you are registered to vote for the school budget and elect school board member(s) on May 16, 2023. Visit Am I Registered to Vote?
- You are Eligible to Vote if you meet either of the following criteria:
- Must be registered with the Westchester County Board of Elections to vote in the General Elections; OR
- Must be registered with the Scarsdale Public School District, and have voted in a school election within the past four years.
- You meet the Qualifications to Register if you meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a resident of the Scarsdale Public School District for at least 30 days preceding the election.
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of the vote/election.
How to Register to Vote: Qualified voters may personally register, for the purpose of voting at all future school elections, with the District Clerk during regular business hours at the office of the District Clerk, 2 Brewster Road, Scarsdale, New York 10583. Please contact the District Clerk at (914) 721-2410 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. The registration form may be found here. The form must be completed and signed in person.
*Voter registration forms for the May 16, 2023, Budget Vote and Board Elections will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2023.
Qualified voters may register to vote with the County Board of Elections by completing an online application with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. Anyone who completes an online application or registers by mail will be registered with Westchester County and also considered to be registered to vote in the school district votes. Mailed registration forms must be received by the County Board of Elections in time to be processed by May 16, 2023, the date of the vote.
Applying for Absentee Ballots: Anyone who is registered and will not be in Westchester County for the vote on May 16, 2023, or due to concerns over exposure to Covid-19, may apply for an absentee ballot by submitting the Application for Absentee Ballot form by email to email@example.com, or regular mail or in-person to Honore Adams, District Clerk, 2 Brewster Road.
- If the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, the voter must return the completed application form in time for it to be received by the Clerk seven days before the vote, Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
- If completed application forms are delivered personally, they must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the vote, Monday, May 15, 2023.
- All absentee ballots must be delivered to the Clerk’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote, Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
Military Voters: A qualified military voter can personally register to vote using the Military Personal Registration Form. On this form, the military voter can indicate their preference to receive an absentee ballot application by mail, fax, or e-mail. If no preference is noted, or the proper information is not provided for email or fax, the absentee ballot application will be transmitted by mail. The deadline for military personal registration is April 21, 2023.
A military voter can request an absentee ballot using the Military Absentee Ballot Application Form. On this form, military voters can indicate their preference to receive their absentee ballot by mail, fax, or e-mail. If no preference is noted, or the proper information is not provided for email or fax, the absentee ballot will be transmitted by mail. Applications must be received no later than April 21, 2023.
Board of Education Candidates: Visit the Prospective School Board Member page here.
To run for a seat on the Scarsdale Board of Education, the following requirements must be met:
- Be a U.S. citizen and resident of the school district for at least one year.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete a candidate petition (available at the District Clerk’s office).
- Submit the completed petition to the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on April 17, 2023.