• Census Registration

    All households, even those without children, are asked to register with the District for Census purposes.
    Households with no children are asked to complete the following form Household Registration Form and to submit it to the Census/District Registrar at registrar@scarsdaleschools.org.
    Households with young children that are neither preschool, nor school age, are asked to complete the online registration. When entering the children, please select "PS" for grade level and "Other-Parentally Placed" for school.
    Before you begin the online registration, please gather the following documents and scan them to your computer so you can upload them during the registration process.

    1. Proof of Residency: three forms of documentation to show current residency within District boundaries. For a list of acceptable documents, click here.

    2. Proof of Age: your child’s birth certificate, baptismal record, or passport. If you have neither, you can use other documents if you have had them for at least two years. For a list of acceptable documents, click here.


    If you have a Campus Parent Portal account,                          If you are new to the District,
            click the icon below, then click More,                                     click the icon below
               then click Online Registration.                                                  to register online.


    Your registration is not complete until the registration and all documentation has been approved by the Census/District Registrar. 


    For questions about residency or other registration requirements, please call the Census/District Registrar at (914) 721-2444 or send an email.


    For technical support, please call the District’s Data Services team at (914) 721-2407 or send an email.

    What constitutes proof of residency?



    Three forms to show current residency within Scarsdale School District boundaries are required for registering with the District. Acceptable forms are:
    • Lease, mortgage statement, or deed;
    • Affidavit from the person you lease from or a third party relating to a family's physical presence in the District. Please refer to the instructions on the residency affidavit form; to download the form, click here.
    • Residential contract; to register with a residential contract, please refer to Board Policy # 5152 for additional requirements.
    • Other documentation, such as:
      • Pay stub showing your address
      • Income tax form that shows your address
      • Utility bill or other bill in your name
      • Membership documents based on residency, such as a local library card
      • Voter registration card
      • Driver’s license, or permit, or non-driver ID
      • State or other government issued ID
      • Documents from government agencies such as social service agency or the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement

    Custody or guardianship papers may also be required.




    Some homes in this area have a Scarsdale mailing address, but are not within the Scarsdale School District. Your real estate agent should have that information, but if there is any doubt, please call the Census/District Registrar at (914) 721-2444 or send an email.
    Proof of Age:
    Ways to show a child’s age:


    • Certified Birth Certificate (from any country)
    • Baptismal record (from any country)
    • A Passport (from any country)

    If you don’t have a Birth Certificate, baptismal record, or passport, you can use other documents if you have had them for at least two years, such as:


    • Driver’s license
    • State or governmental ID
    • School photo ID with date of birth
    • Consulate ID card
    • Hospital or health records
    • Military dependent ID card
    • Other documents from federal/state/local agencies (examples: Department of Social Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement)
    • Court orders
    • Native American tribal document
    • Records from international aid agencies or voluntary agencies  
    Campus Parent Portal Login Instructions: 

    If you already have a
     user account, click here to log into the Campus Parent Portal. Click More and then click Online Registration.

    If you cannot remember your username and/or password, click here, then click one of the "Forgot ..." links.

    If you don't have a user account, click here and then accept the Online User Agreement. You will receive an email within a couple of days with instructions on how to set up a username and password.