1) Write assignments in your assignment pad on a daily basis. Remember to look on the boards in your classes for assignment, test, quiz, and project information. Keep your assignment pad with you everyday.
2)Place all handouts and notes in the appropriate binders/folders for easy access at a later time.
3) Keep lockers and backpacks organized.
4) Complete all assignments on time. Daily completion of assignments provides additional reinforcement and practice of material presented in your classes.
5) Keep your Science Lab Book/Manual organized. Follow specific directions for lab write-ups. Write neatly and complete all parts of each lab.
6) Manage your time wisely. Plan your time effectively. Leave enough time to complete homework assignments and long-term projects. When reading an assigned book, make a schedule of chapters to be read.
7) In class, listen for instructions to take notes. Write the basic information and fill in additional notes at a later time. For example, write down key words and look for meanings later.
8) Begin to prepare for a test when it is announced. Review your notes for accuracy. Prepare a study tool (for example: note cards, column note-taking sheet, organizer, outline, etc.).
9) Ask questions. Seek your teachers if you are unsure of material presented. Make appointments to see your teachers after school for additional assistance.
10) Write drafts for writing assignments. Leave time to revise and edit your work.
11) Read assignment directions carefully. Check your understanding of the directions with your teacher.
12) Arrive to all classes on time. Important information may be presented at this time.
13) Check teacher pages/calendars regularly.