iPrint is a district-wide system that allows staff and students to add printers to any district-owned computer. iPrint was implemented to:
- Make it more convenient for staff and students to add printers as needed without needing a technology person’s help
- Allow technology staff to manage printers remotely, e.g. clear a printer queue
- Allow the IT to control printer access, e.g. restrict students from printing to some printers, but not others
Adding a Network Printer via iPrint:
- On a Windows computer, double-click the iPrint desktop icon
On a non-Windows device (on a Mac or Chromebook) go to www.scarsdaleschools.org/iPrint
- You will see a list of all printers, district-wide.
- Find the printer to install. You can sort the printers by building location by clicking on the column headers “Install Printer” or “Printer Location.”
- Once you have found the printer that you want to install, click on the printer name.
- On a Windows computer, you will see the following pop-up. Click Yes.
On a non-Windows device, you will see the following pop-up. Enter your Active Directory (AD) User Name (first initial + last name) and Password and click OK. If you don’t know your AD password, click here for more information.
- Next you will see the Micro Focus iPrint pop-up.
If you want this to be your default printer, check the box Set printer as default and then click Yes.
- The Printer will begin to install. When the installation has completed, you will see the dialog box below.
Now, you can start printing to your newly installed printer.
Note: Users are restricted from installing printers that they usually shouldn’t be printing to. This is so that staff and students don’t unintentionally print to a printer they didn’t mean to print to. If you are not permitted to install a printer, you will see the dialog box below.
If you need help or if you believe that you should be allowed to install a printer, but you don’t seem to have the rights to do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your issue will generally be addressed within a day. If you need immediate help, please call x2428 right after you send the email and mention that you just submitted a support ticket and mention that it is urgent.