Girls' Swimming & Diving
Welcome to Raider Girls' Swimming & DivingThis fall, Scarsdale High School will field one Girls' Swimming & Diving team:
- Varsity is for the top swimmers and divers, regardless of grade-level.
TryoutsTryouts begin on August 21, 2019 at 9 am and players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atTryouts will take place at the Scarsdale Municipal Pool from August 21, 2019 through August 30, 2019 per the following schedule:August 21st - August 23rd from 9 am-10:30 amAugust 26th - August 30th from 9:30 am-11:00amPlayers are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.Tryouts consist of assessments of individual swimming strokes such butterfly, breaststroke, backstroke and freestyle. All swimmers should be proficient in all strokes.The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
Practice UPDATED 8/28/19Team practices begin on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Practice will be 5 days a week. It will be held at Scarsdale Municipal Pool until after Labor Day. Then it will be at Westchester Community College.Practice:
A calendar will be shared with the team and parents listing the practice and game times and dates.
- Tuesday, 9/3/19 - Practice will be from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at Scarsdale Municipal Pool. There will be a bus at 3:00 pm from the High School.
- Wednesday, 9/4/19 - Relay Carnival at White Plains HS starting at 4:00pm. There will be a bus at 3:00 pm from the High School.
- Thursday, 9/5/19 - Meet at the Fitness Center from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm.
- Friday 9/6/19 - Practice will be from 3:30 pm-5:00 pm at Scarsdale Municipal Pool. There will be a bus at 3:00 pm from the High School.
Participation on the Swimming & Diving Team is a commitment of about 3 hours per day, 5 days a week. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, games, and tournaments.
The regular season ends in late October.
Varsity is then eligible for post-season play.
For additional information please contact:
Barney Foltman: firstname.lastname@example.org