Girls' Soccer Program
Varsity Coach: Mindy Genovese, email@example.com
Varsity Assistant Coach: Kiera Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity B Coach: Priscilla Portilla, email@example.com
Varsity B Coach: TBD
JV Coach: Fran Lombardo, firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach: Michael Kumaresan, email@example.com
Welcome to Raider Girls' SoccerThis fall, Scarsdale High School will field three Girls' Soccer teams:
- Varsity is for the top soccer players, regardless of grade-level.
- Varsity B is primarily for juniors and seniors who have a playing background on JV and want to continue their soccer careers.
- JV is for freshmen and sophomores to develop their skills and capabilities to prepare for Varsity.
(Note: The JV team is dependent upon having enough girls to field this team.)
TryoutsIn order to tryout, players must have their completed gold card from the school nurse. Information on how to get a gold card can be found atTryouts will take place at SHS for all levels as indicated on the cheerleading calendar.Players should bring cleats, sneakers, shin guards, size 5 ball and water.Players are expected to be present at all tryout sessions. Missing sessions will be incorporated into the coach's evaluation of players for the Varsity team.
Tryouts consist of assessments of individual soccer skills. Player tryout evaluation is based on the following:
- Physical criteria including quickness, speed, endurance, strength, power, and agility.
- Technical criteria including receiving in the air and on the ground, dribbling, passing, shooting, heading, and crossing.
- Tactical criteria including use of space, changing direction/point of attack, creativity, vision, defending, and attacking.
- Psychological criteria including winning 50/50 balls in the air and on the ground, composure, taking risks, perseverance, coachability, team player mentality, and responding to mistakes.
- The coaching staff also tests the athletes for general athleticism.
Players are also evaluated on their cooperation with other players and their ability to take direction from the coaching staff.
Soccer is a commitment of about 2.5 hours per day, 6 days a week and occasional Saturday practices, games and competitions. It is our expectation that athletes will be present for all team tryouts, scrimmages, practices, and games.
For additional information please contact:
Melissa Genovese: firstname.lastname@example.org