Public School RegistrationBefore you begin the online registration, please gather the following documents and scan them to your computer so you can upload them during the registration process.
- Proof of Residency: Commissioner’s Regulation § 100.2(y) requires that individuals requesting enrollment prove that they are residents of the District. You will need to provide three current documents showing residency within the Scarsdale School District boundaries. For a list of acceptable documents, click here.
- Proof of Age: your child’s birth certificate, baptismal record, or passport. If you have neither, you can use other documents if you have had them for at least two years. For a list of acceptable documents, click here.
- Home Language Questionnaire: click here to download the form.
- Health Examination Form: click here for more information.
- Immunization Record: for NYS immunization requirements, click here; for additional information, click here.
- Health Assessment: click here to download the form.
- Athletic Transfer Notification (High School students only): click here to download the form.
- Report Card/Transcript from last school attended. If your child attended more than one high school, please upload transcripts for all high schools your child attended as one file. Foreign transcripts, if not in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
In addition, please request from your child's last school that a copy of all school records (including academic, health, attendance, disciplinary records, individual evaluations, IEP’s, Section 504 Accommodation Plans, and a final transcript (if a high school student) be sent directly to your child’s school secretary; click here to download the Records Transfer Request form and click here to look up the mailing address that you need to add to the form.
More, then Online Registration to register online.
Important:Your registration is not complete until the registration and all documentation has been approved by the Census/District Registrar.Support:
For questions about residency or other registration requirements, please call the Census/District Registrar at (914) 721-2444 or send an email.For technical support, please call the District’s Data Services team at (914) 721-2407 or send an email.
If you do not provide a deed, mortgage statement, or current lease as one of your documents, you will need to provide three proof of residency documents on a quarterly basis.Custody or guardianship papers may also be required.Some homes in this area have a Scarsdale mailing address, but are not within the Scarsdale School District. Your real estate agent should have that information, but if there is any doubt, please call the Census/District Registrar at (914) 721-2444 or send an email.Ways to show a child’s age:
- Signed lease, mortgage statement, or signed deed;
- Affidavit from the person you lease from or a third party relating to a family's physical presence in the District. Please refer to the instructions on the residency affidavit form; to download the form, click here.
- Residential contract; to register with a residential contract, please refer to Board Policy # 5152 for additional requirements.
- Other current documentation, such as:
- Pay stub showing your address
- Income tax form that shows your address
- Utility bill or other bill in your name
- Membership documents based on residency, such as a local library card
- Voter registration card
- Driver’s license, or permit, or non-driver ID
- State or other government issued ID
- Documents from government agencies such as social service agency or the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement
- Certified Birth Certificate (from any country)
- Baptismal record (from any country)
- A Passport (from any country)
If you don’t have a Birth Certificate, baptismal record, or passport, you can use other documents if you have had them for at least two years, such as:
- Driver’s license
- State or governmental ID
- School photo ID with date of birth
- Consulate ID card
- Hospital or health records
- Military dependent ID card
- Other documents from federal/state/local agencies (examples: Department of Social Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Court orders
- Native American tribal document
- Records from international aid agencies or voluntary agencies
New York State law requires a physical examination at the time of registration for all new or re-entering students to the District. The physical exam must be performed by a physician licensed in NY state or whose office is located within approximately 50 miles of the state border. Also, the physical exam must have been performed in the past 12 months. If you are unable to upload the Health Examination Form when registering, please note that the form must be provided:
To download a Health Examination Form, click here.
- within 14 days of the first day of school attendance - for local students
- within 30 days of the first day of school attendance - for students coming from out of state or out of country
New York State law requires proof of state mandated immunizations at the time of registration for all new or re-entering students to the District. No student may be allowed to start school without an Immunization Record on file. Immunization records, if not in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
If you already have a user account, click here to log into the Campus Parent Portal, then click More, and then click Online Registration.If you do NOT have a user account, scroll to the top of the page and click the orange OLR button.