NYSSMA Solo Festival 2023
Each year students have the opportunity to be evaluated on their piano playing at the NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association) Festival. It’s an opportunity to perform a piece of music for an adjudicator and receive individualized written feedback.
PIANO SOLO FESTIVAL
PARENT REGISTRATION DEADLINE: TBD
- LATE REGISTRATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED
Levels I-IV: $22*
Levels V-VI: $30*
- This is an opportunity for soloists to perform for an adjudicator and receive individualized feedback.
- If you are interested in this, you must perform repertoire from the manual. Please see me for additional details!
- If you play an instrument OTHER THAN piano, please see either Mr. Orengo or Mr. Misset for registration.
- If you study voice with an outside teacher and want to attend as a singer, please contact me and we will discuss what solo NYSSMA is like for a singer. Together we can decide if it's something you might want to do this year.
All applications and payments this year are made through School Bucks. Please see the bottom of this page for additional information.MYSCHOOLBUCKS:
If you are already using MySchoolBucks to pay for school meals or other items in the district, your account is already set-up and ready to go! Just log into www.MySchoolBucks.com or download the MySchoolBucks Mobile App and click the PERFORMING ARTS icon.
All-District Jazz Band: Back in Person This Year!
Open to students across the Scarsdale District in Grades 4, 5, 6.
*More information found here, at the sign-up link
Rehearsals: Thursdays beginning October 15 3:30-4:45 (SIGN UP BY OCTOBER 1)
Please visit Dr. Slotwinski's Teacher Page for more information.
All-County Chorus: TBD
- This is an opportunity for students who love to sing to rehearse and perform with like-minded students from across the county.
- 2 altos and 2 sopranos from each building will be chosen to participate in this year's festival!
- Performances are at SUNY-Purchase
- Students from each Scarsdale ES will rehearse with Mrs. Laman-Rice at Fox Meadow and then convene with the full county chorus for TWO REHEARSALS and the PERFORMANCE
- Bus transportation is provided to the afterschool rehearsals, but NOT the performance