In Chorus, we focus on:
- Singing together in a performance-oriented setting
- Basic score reading
- Following your own part in a traditional musical score
- Understanding how to see the upwards and downwards directions of note reading in a more complex setting
- Understanding measure numbers
- Transferring mindsets (optimism, persistence, flexibility, resilience, empathy) to a musical ensemble setting
- Learning and being exposed to music of various styles and cultures both familiar and new
- Learning basic healthy vocal (singing) technique to express the specific needs of a song
- Singing in unison and in parts
- Learning music both through sight (reading music) and aurally (call and response/by ear)
- Opportunities to volunteer and audition for solos and small groups, as appropriate in the repertoire
- Opportunities to volunteer to play instruments, as appropriate in the repertoire
- Gaining a basic understanding of how your voice works (what's the science and anatomy, anyway?) and learning to tune into what your own voice is doing
4th & 5th Grade Choral Concert:
Tuesday, March 14th, 7:00 pm
*call time for students TBD
Black pants or skirt
- Greenacres spirit shirt or green-colored top (if you don't have any, just wear something colorful!)
Black or dark colored shoes - no sneakers or flip-flops; and please make sure you can walk easily in your shoes! We don’t want any trips on the risers.
- Please pull your hair back from your face so we can see it!
Choral & Arts Festival
Wednesday, May 24, 7:00 pm
*Call time for students TBD
- More information about this inaugural event will be coming later!
-This is an arts festival in conjunction with the GA visual arts department and will feature songs by the 4th and 5th grade choruses.