The Learning Resource Center Program is a support system for students, teachers, and parents. The Learning Resource Teacher provides for children's needs in a variety of ways:
In addition to providing direct instruction to students and consulting with teachers and parents, each Learning Resource Teacher serves as a member of the building RTI Committee (ResponseTo Intervention) and the district Committee on Special Education.
- Direct instruction in specific academic areas such as reading, written expression, and mathematics.
- Support in organization and study skills. These skills may be addressed within the various content areas such as social studies or science.
- Diagnosis, assessment and the development of an educational plan to meet the children's academic needs and learning styles.
- Consultation with classroom teachers regarding strategies, materials, and activities.
- Communication with parents concerning their child's needs and progress.