SHS College and Career Center - CCC (2023-24)The College and Career Center (CCC) will re-open for the 2023-24 school year in the first weeks of September. The office will be open with the following new hours:Monday 9am-3pmWednesday 1pm-5pmFriday 9am-1pmOur office is located on the 1st floor between the Auditorium and the Band Room. Please use the Brewster Road entrance and check in there before you come in for your visit. All SHS students and parents are welcome to stop in during these hours to look through our materials and resources and to ask questions of our many SHS CCC PTA parent volunteer staff. (SHS parents are NOT required to schedule an appointment in advance this year.)If you can not visit the office during our office hours, many of the resources and services are also available in digital and virtual formats. If you need information from the office or have questions, please email the CCC chairs: Meredity Kent and Lynn Ng, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CCC IS ...
- AN INFORMATION RESOURCE where you can find college guides and reference books, gap-year programs, information on college tours, audio-visual resources, scholarship offers, a computer-based college information system, and a comprehensive resource for summer programs.
- A LEARNING CENTER where groups of students meet with college representatives to discuss college options, where parents and students research colleges and investigate the many opportunities available, where trained volunteers are enthusiastic to assist in each phase of the process. This year, college representatives will still be meeting with students in-person and virtually during school hours.
- AN ATTENTIVE STAFF of trained volunteers who coordinate the activities of the Center. Scarsdale HS deans provide guidance and support for students and the volunteer staff.
- If you have additional questions (i.e., Scoir, Naviance, Scholarship database or SHS Alumni Contacts) or need assistance, please contact the CCC chairs at email@example.com.
AVAILABLE DIGITAL RESOURCES AND VIRTUAL SERVICES
- NEW Online College Process Site Resource Scoir- Starting this year, the Scarsdale High School Counseling Dept. has selected a new (and perhaps more user-friendly) online site for students and parents to use to aid in the college search and planning process. Students will get a password during their Junior year. A parent guest password is also available upon request.* For details or questions on how to use or access Scoir, please contact the CCC chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Computerized College Search through Naviance - Naviance, the current SHS college-planning site will continue to be available to students and parents throughout the year. SHS students receive their own accounts during their junior year. A parent guest password is available upon request.* For details or questions on how to use or access Naviance, please contact the CCC chairs (email@example.com).
- College Representative Virtual and In-Person Visits to SHS Campus Fall 2022: More than 200 college representatives will be visiting in-person and virtually at SHS this fall. The list will be maintained in the Scoir systems. SHS Seniors should be sure to RSVP to the college rep visits they plan to attend. These visits are for SENIOR STUDENTS ONLY; parents should not be attending or logging on.
- Scarsdale High School Alumni Contacts: The CCC surveys graduating seniors each spring and collects contact information from those who are willing to provide personal experience information about the colleges they are attending. This helpful 2020-2023 SHS alumni contact list can be viewed in book form as well as in a digital file. The list can be viewed either in-person or contact the CCC chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for digital access.
- The SHS Scholarship Database: New to the CCC as of last year, this is a collection of various scholarship opportunities for SHS Seniors. The database has opportunities/awards for Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen as well. Access to the database will be available to SHS students, staff and parents. More information on how to access the database coming soon. If you have any questions regarding scholarships/awards, please visit the CCC or contact the CCC chairs at email@example.com.
Additional Information and Contacts: Please see the Counseling Department's website, including the College Admission Process webpage.