SHS College and Career Center (CCC) (2020-21)
Due to COVID-19, physical access to the office is unavailable to parents and students until further notice. However, many of the resources and services are now available in digital and virtual formats. Please email CCC chairs Isabel Finegold, Sharon Higgins, and Charlotte Vermeer-Berry if you need information from the office or have questions.
- AN INFORMATION RESOURCE where you can find college guides and reference books, information on college tours, audio-visual resources, scholarship offers, a computer-based college information system, and a comprehensive resource for summer programs. Until further notice, due to COVID-19, the hard copies of materials kept in the office will not be available.
- A LEARNING CENTER where groups of students meet with college representatives to discuss college options, where parents and students research colleges and investigate the many opportunities available, where trained volunteers are enthusiastic to assist in each phase of the process. This year, college representatives will still be meeting with students virtually.
- AN ATTENTIVE STAFF of trained volunteers who coordinate the activities of the Center. Scarsdale HS deans provide guidance and support for students and the volunteer staff. Until further notice, due to COVID-19, we will not have an in-person volunteer staff but you can email the CCC chairs for assistance.
AVAILABLE DIGITAL RESOURCES AND VIRTUAL SERVICES:
- Computerized College Search through Naviance: SHS students receive their own accounts during their junior year. A guest password is available upon request.* Please contact the CCC chairs for details.
- *On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, at 1pm via Zoom, the counseling department and College and Career Center held a parent training session about how to use Naviance.
- College Representative Virtual Visits to SHS Campus: More than 200 college representatives will be visiting SHS this fall. The Fall 2020 Schedule will be updated periodically, so check back frequently. This list is also maintained in the Naviance system. These visits are for STUDENTS ONLY; parents should not be logging on.
- Scarsdale High School Alumni Contacts: CCC surveys graduating seniors each spring and collects contact information from those who are willing to provide information about the colleges they are attending. Ordinarily maintained in book form, a digital file of 2017-20 SHS alumni is now available for viewing. Please contact the CCC chairs for access.
- Other Resources: Extensive materials available on summer study, travel, adventure, community service, work options, and scholarship sources are in the process of being converted to digital format.
Additional Information and Contacts: Please see the Counseling Department's website, including the College Admission Process webpage.
Director of Counseling: Oren Iosepovici, 914-721-2536
Coordinator of College Representative Visits: Moira Dahlke, 914-722-2833
SHS PTA Parent Volunteer Coordinators: Isabel Finegold, Sharon Higgins, and Charlotte Vermeer-Berry