Ways to Give Back...Community Service at Greenacres 2019-20
The PTA is excited to partner with various organizations in Westchester to help provide for those in need and teach our children the value of giving back to their wider community. Each grade will have opportunities to help sort and bag our various collections over the course of the year. A comprehensive list of dates and items will be posted on the Community Service webpage and reminders will go out to each grade prior to their sorting date.
This year, the Community Service Committee plans the following COLLECTIONS:
- Individual/Travel Sized Toiletries in conjunction with Scarsdale High School for Midnight Run, ongoing.
- Extra Halloween candy collection for Soldiers' Angels who ship candy to service members around the world, November 1st.
- Coats, New and Gently Used for Sharing Shelf of Westchester in late November.
- Non-Perishable Cold Weather Food Westchester Food Bank in late January.
- Legos for PaulieStrong in March.
The Committee is also planning the following HANDS ON activities:
If you would like to get involved, please reach out Committee Co-Chairs Melissa Brown Eisenberg or Erika Rublin.
- Toiletry Bagging dates for each grade level to come together before school to help sort and bag toiletries for distribution by Scarsdale High School volunteers on monthly runs to help the homeless through Midnight Run.
- Students can help with Coat Collecting from drop-off locations around the building as the coats need to be counted and bagged before being delivered to The Sharing Shelf in Port Chester.
- Sandwich Making before school for Grace’s Kitchen.
- Park Cleanup at a Westchester Park in the Spring.