Teacher (Mentor) Responsibilities
If you would to view the presentation from the Case Manager meeting on 1/30 Click hereBefore Senior Options begins:
· Work with students to secure an internship and write/submit a proposal.
· Work with students who have to revise their proposals.
- Be clear about whether you are comfortable with an independent project versus an internship.
After Senior Options begins:
- Read and comment on the proposal (proposals will be available through your Scarsdale Google drive account)
· Meet with student at least once a week for internships and 2 or more times/week for independent projects.
· During your weekly meetings, check the student time log, student journals and help students reflect on their experiences.
· Follow up with the sponsor after the student has been working for 2 weeks.
· Make at least one site visit.
· Contact parents if students are not fulfilling their requirements.
· Contact your case manager or Jose Lamela if students are not fulfilling their requirements.
· When Senior Options nears closure, sign up for a presentation time.
· Monitor the progress of your student's final presentation.
After Senior Options ends:
· Complete a final evaluation form.
Things to know/do in general: