REQUIREMENTS FOR PASSING
3rd QUARTER (pass/fail)
1. Students must complete a Mentor Registration Form
2. Students must complete a Written Proposal submitted via google classroom. This proposal must answer all questions clearly and must address all concerns by the mentor and/or case manager. This must be approved.3. Students must have their sponsor complete the Sponsor Commitment form4. Students must have a signed parent form on file.All of the above must be received and approved by the end of the quarter to receive a PASS.
4th QUARTER (pass/fail)
- TIME ON TASK: NYS REQUIREMENT: 30 hours/week for each week, minimum 5 days worked per week. If you commute 1 hour or more in EACH direction, your minimum requirement is reduced by 30 mins/day. So, if you travel 1 hr there and 1 hr back for 5 days a week your minimum hour per week will be 27.5 hours. At the end you must reach BOTH 168 hours AND 28 days worked to complete your internship.
- TIME LOG: Filled out and signed weekly by sponsor and then to be given to mentor at weekly meeting.
- JOURNAL ENTRIES: Completed thoughtful reflections focusing on the experience that must be submitted to mentor weekly (digital or hard copy)-This meets NYS English and History writing mandates.
- WEEKLY MENTOR MEETINGS: Meetings should occur weekly for 30 minutes. Students should meet a minimum of once a week with their mentor for internships and a minimum of twice per week for independent projects. Students should bring their journals and time log for the mentor to review.
- PRESENTATION AND FEEDBACK: Students are required to complete an oral presentation to an audience consisting of, but not limited to, mentor and mentees.
- PROGRAM MENTEE EVALUATION: Students must submit their Senior Options evaluation.
IN THE CASE OF FAILURE OF SENIOR OPTIONS, STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN INTERNSHIP OVER THE SUMMER AND A LETTER WILL BE SENT TO THE COLLEGE NOTIFYING IT OF THE FAILURE. THIS INTERNSHIP WILL BE MENTORED BY A HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION, STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE THEIR DIPLOMA.