REQUIREMENTS FOR PASSING
3rd QUARTER (pass/fail)
- Students must complete a Mentor Registration Form
- Students must complete a Written Proposal submitted via google classroom. This proposal must answer all questions clearly and must address all concerns by the mentor and/or case manager. This must be approved.
- Students must have their sponsor complete the Sponsor Commitment form
- Students must have a signed parent form on file.
All of the above must be received and approved by the end of the quarter to receive a PASS.
4th QUARTER (pass/fail)
- TIME ON TASK: NYS REQUIREMENT: 30 hours/week for each week, minimum 5 days worked per week. If you commute 1 hour or more in EACH direction, your minimum requirement is reduced by 30 mins/day. So, if you travel 1 hr there and 1 hr back for 5 days a week your minimum hour per week will be 27.5 hours. At the end you must reach BOTH 168 hours AND 28 days worked to complete your internship (For 2021: BOTH 120 hours AND 20 days).
- TIME LOG: Filled out and signed weekly by sponsor and then to be given to mentor at weekly meeting. (For 2021: if passion project work log)
- JOURNAL ENTRIES: Completed thoughtful reflections focusing on the experience that must be submitted to mentor weekly (digital or hard copy) - This meets NYS English and History writing mandates.
- WEEKLY MENTOR MEETINGS: Meetings should occur weekly for 30 minutes. Students should meet a minimum of once a week with their mentor for internships and a minimum of twice per week for independent projects. Students should bring their journals and time log for the mentor to review.
- PRESENTATION AND FEEDBACK: Students are required to complete an oral presentation to an audience consisting of, but not limited to, mentor and mentees. The presentation is a 20 minute presentation usually delivered via google slides (can be hands on as well). The presentation will reflect on what you did and learned throughout Senior Options. It will also provide us a look into how you spend the 4-6 weeks during your internship.
- PROGRAM MENTEE EVALUATION: Students must submit their Senior Options evaluation.
IN THE CASE OF FAILURE OF SENIOR OPTIONS, STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN INTERNSHIP OVER THE SUMMER AND A LETTER WILL BE SENT TO THE COLLEGE NOTIFYING IT OF THE FAILURE. THIS INTERNSHIP WILL BE MENTORED BY A HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION, STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE THEIR DIPLOMA.