SECTION I: USER EXPECTATIONS
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred. Those changes are influencing instruction and student learning. The Scarsdale Public School District ("District") supports access by Students, Guardians, teachers, and administrators to informational resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between Students, Guardians, teachers, principals, and administrators.The District manages student information electronically on a secure Internet site. The District will make certain student education data available for viewing over a secure Internet connection only to authorized Guardians and Students. Guardians and Students agree to comply with the terms set forth in this Agreement.
A) Rights and Responsibilities
This access is a free service offered to all current and active Guardians and Students. Access to student information over the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in the District will a Guardian be authorized to activate a Campus Portal account. Students are provided a Campus Portal account upon starting at the Senior High School. Once a student withdraws or graduates from the District such access will be deactivated. Guardians and Students must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B) Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility of District, Guardians, and Students. Each school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If Guardians or Students discover any inaccurate information, they will notify their school immediately, or make a request using the Campus Portal to have the information updated.
C) Accessible Information
The District reserves the right to discontinue the use of the Campus Portal at any time. The District reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via the Campus Portal at any time without notice, including, but not limited to, the functions listed below:1) Student Demographic Data
2) Student Schedule
4) Immunization Records5) Progress Reports and Report CardsD) Campus Portal Access Agreement
By logging into the Campus Portal, Guardians and Students agree to be bound by the Campus Portal Terms & Conditions. The District, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to request that Guardians or Students bring photo identification to the school in order to verify their identity should any question arise concerning the validity of the acceptance of this Agreement.
E) Use of Campus PortalGuardians and Students understand and agree to adhere to the following:
F) Security Features
- Act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner. If you are identified as a security risk, you will be denied access to the site.
- Not attempt to harm or destroy the school, the District's data, or networks.
- Not attempt to access information concerning any students other than that of their own child(ren) or any account assigned to another person.
- Not use the Campus Portal or the District's networks for any illegal activity, including, but not limited to violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws will be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Notify your school immediately if you identify a security problem within the Campus Portal without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Not share your password or allow anyone other than yourself to use your Campus Portal account, including your own child(ren).
- Not set any computer to automatically log in to the Campus Portal.
- Log out of your Campus Portal user account when you are not at your computer.
- Access is made available through a secure Internet site. Account holders are responsible for not sharing their passwords and to properly protect or destroy any printed or electronic documentation generated from or about the Campus Portal site.
- Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user's account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact the District's Information Technology Data Services team.
- The users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
- Guardian accounts will be permanently deactivated when his/her child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from Scarsdale Public Schools, or a court action denies Guardian access to his/her child's information.
G) Limitation of School District LiabilityThe District will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. THE DISTRICT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE DISTRICT’S SYSTEM OR INTERNET. The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Campus Portal for viewing student information. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by Guardians or Students that compromise their student information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Campus Portal for viewing student information without notice. All Guardians who use the Campus Portal to access their child(ren)'s information consent to electronic monitoring and understand that they are granted access to a private network used as an educational tool by the Scarsdale Public School District employees and students. Account activity is electronically recorded.
- Guardians should refer to the documentation available on the District's Infinite Campus Parent Portal website.
- Contact information for support is located on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal website.
- Support service may be offered as an accommodation only and the District does not guarantee or warrant the adequacy or accuracy of such support service. The District cannot troubleshoot home computer issues.
- Users shall not seek to learn or change or share other users’ passwords, modify other users’ files or data, or misrepresent other users of the network.
- Users shall not intentionally disrupt the use of the network or devices attached to the network.
- Users agree that hardware or software shall not be destroyed, modified, damaged or abused in any way.
- Malicious use of the system to develop programs or computer viruses that harass other users, infiltrate a computer or computer system, damage the software components of a computer or computing system are prohibited.
- Loading, transmitting, or intentionally receiving hate mail, harassing content, and other antisocial content is prohibited on the system.
- Use of the system to process or upload pornographic material, inappropriate text files, illegal software, or files dangerous to the integrity of the local area network or any attached device are prohibited.
- Software and some content are protected by copyright laws: therefore users will not make unauthorized copies of software or media or other copyrighted content found on the District system.