Here are some books to read to your child at home.
They are by some of my favorite authors. We have read many in class too.
Many of these books have a page in the back of the book with ideas of things
to do/discuss as the parent with your child at home.
I have organized them by topics.
- The Brand New Kid by Katie Couric
- A Rainbow of Friends by P.K. Hallinan
- My Best Friend by Pat Hutchins
- How I Found a Friend by Irina Hale
- Ribbit by Rodrigo Folgueira
- Let’s Be Enemies by Janice May Udry
- The Lion and The Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
- Enemy Pie by Derek Munson
- The Gift of Nothing by Patrick McDonnell
- A Porcupine Named Fluffy by Helen Lester
- Making Friends is an Art by Julia Cook
- Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell
- We Share Everything by Robert Munsch
- Teamwork Isn’t My Thing and I Don’t Like To Share! By Julia Cook
- Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen by Howard Binkow
- Wilma Jean the Worry Machine by Julia Cook
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Mouse by Jeanne Modesitt
- So Shy by Vicki Morrison
- I Know a Shy Fellow Who Swallowed a Cello by Barbara S. Garriel
- If You’re Angry and You Know It by Cecily Kaiser
- The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
- Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt