•  If A Parent/Guardian Disagrees with the CSE Decision

    If a parent/guardian disagrees with the outcome(s) of a CSE meeting, there are a number of legal means to contest the decision.  

    1. The parent/guardian requests another meeting and submits to the CSE additional information to support the reason for the disagreement. The parent/guardian has the right to invite clinicians, physicians, specialists, and others with knowledge of the child and the discipline to provide this information.  

    2. If the parent/guardian is not satisfied with the outcome of additional CSE meetings, the case can go to Mediation or an Impartial Hearing. Information on both of these processes is outlined in the Procedural Safeguard document  available through the Special Education Office.