Whether you are in English 10 or English 10 skills, you will be taking a course that follows these essential questions:
- Why are there insiders and outsiders? Or why do we create insiders and outsiders?
- How do we live in a world that we disagree with? Or, what is our response to injustice?
- Why do people see the same event differently and what can we learn from another person's point of view or perspective?
- And finally, what is gained and lost when we journey from innocence to experience?
You will also be reading from among these books:
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Arrival
- Laramie Project
- The Education of Little Tree
- The Pearl
And you will be exploring these skills:
- visual story telling
- argumentative essays
- persuasive writing and speeches
- visual essays
For specific assignments and both daily and weekly plans, go to the appropriate wiki: