1. All assignments must be completed on or before the due date.
2. Unfinished artwork is not accepted.
3. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to make up all work. That includes coming and talking to me, asking for art supplies, or arranging for work time during lunch or after school.
4. If your project requires extra time to be completed, you have to make arrangements for work time during lunch or after school or ask for art supplies.This is your responsibility.
5. Even though Art can be subjective, grading your art projects it totally objective: each project has a rubric with specific requirements and guidelines. Just follow them.
6. Unless an assignment specifically requires tracing, it will be interpreted in the same manner as plagiarism and is not acceptable.
7. You are graded every day for your studio work. If you are not working the entire class, you will receive a zero for that day.
8. If you complete an assignment before the due date then you are expected to work on an art project, known as an In BetweenProject…these are not graded but if you are not working you are graded negatively.
8. You will also receive a zero if you do not clean up after yourself, if you clean up early, or arrive late or unprepared for class.
1. Food, drinks, candy, gum are not allowed in the Art rooms. A bottle of WATER is permitted.
2. Cell phones are not allowed unless you are told to bring them or permission is given. It is your fault if you use them, even if somebody is calling you. Phones should be turned off and put away. If I see or hear a phone - I take it from you. You will get it back at the end of the day at the office or at the discretion of the assistant principal.
3. Be in the room on time. If you are late come with a note.
4. Sit at your assigned seat unless I give you the OK to move. That means you do not walk around the room during the class.
5. Talk quietly with students at your table. Do not talk during the instructional time. Do not talk across the room.
6. Draw, paint, etc. on your artwork only!
7. You are responsible for cleaning your work area and the tools that you used. I am not going to do it for you! Cleaning the table is the shared responsibility of everyone at the table.
8. Encourage your fellow classmates in a positive way...treat them fairly and nicely. This room should be a fun and comfortable place for everyone.